Monday, January 28, 2013

Music and Writing

2.  My favorite song at the moment would be Its Time by Imagine Dragons.  Its my favorite song because of its lyrics.  I first heard it on the radio driving home from work and instantly fell inlove with it.  On days when Im feeling down like Im worth a half penny.  I listen to this song and it always brightens my day.



3.  My music has definetly changed over the years.  All I really used to listen to was what was on the radio or what my parents had in the car at the time.  But when I got an ipod, I started buying music and loving the Alternative Genre.  Most of my music is Alternative,  I dont really know what draws me to it, sometimes I think its a faze like ill eventaully grow out of it.  But I dont want to grow out of this music.  This music feels like me.  The verse;

"its time to begin
isnt it i get a little bit bigger
and then ill admit im just the same as i was
now dont you understand
im never changing who i am"

At first made me cry,  because i feel society is so stuck on apperances and whats cool, whatll get you friends, what makes you popular.  And we get away from what makes us different, what makes us individuals, what makes me, ME.  And I dont want to lose sight of that.  Because you shouldnt change who you are, but change who you hang around with because nothings wrong with being yourself.

4.  I gravitate towards music that makes me feel happy, and music I know I can sing when nobodys looking. I dislike music that use profanity alot like some is okay but sometimes ive just had enough.



6.  Without music, the world would be a hollow place filled with silence. 

13.  Music is a form of poetry. A lyric thats been stuck in my head for a long time is by the rapper Lil Wayne..

"Never apologize for saying how you feel, its like apologizing for being real."



2 comments:

  1. That Lil' Wayne! Very clever...and true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- in the end, the only one you really have to live with and love is yourself-why should you change that for other people that will never really be a significant part of your life? Wise words spoken :)

    ReplyDelete