Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I am

I am…

Seventeen, a senior in high school, born and raised in Springfield Missouri, with a dream to be a surgeon and to help people.

A sister to 4 siblings; 2 older brothers, 1 younger sister, and 1 younger brother, fortunate to have 2 body guards, a shadow, and a follower.

A daughter, unfortunately still thought of as the baby girl, a carbon copy of my mother, a fathers who is still trying to understand.

An attitude that gets me in more trouble than it should, not a morning person.

Sonic Carhop, where I have met people who just make me laugh so hard I cry at work and have showed me so much, like a paycheck every other week.

I am…

Only TruMoo Chocolate Milk, and sweet tea, roman noodles made only by my brothers and honey buns.

Sleeping in whenever I can and when I’m not suppose to.

Staying up late talking on the phone with my friends or texting that one boy who makes my heart skip a beat.

Lying outside on my back porch with a blanket and a best friend staring at the night sky and contemplating life or talking about that hottie from ihop.

Blasting my music and in my room and dancing off beat or singing in the shower or car completely off key.

Watching the matrix trilogy with my dad and brothers just to have them in my presence.

Constantly making my brother laugh with my goofiness or him me, and my dad shaking his head saying that only his kids would say stupid stuff like us.

Watching scary movies with my hands over my eyes, peaking through a whole between my fingers because it makes me feel better.

Crying at sappy love stories or just crying at a really good movie and then getting made fun of.

I am…

Dark brown eyes and dark brown hair like my father.

Short, but not small, not skinny and not fat, fun size, and comfortable.

Vans, Sperry’s, Boots or Sandals, Jeggings, Jeans, Leggings and Sweat pants, messy bun and no makeup.
  
So close to 18 I can taste it in the air, going to graduate and travel the world, meet new people and experience news things.

Not a little girl with little girl problems anymore.

Figuring out I am, who I want to be, and how to be that person.  

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand by what you mean when you say your still thought of as the baby! im alsothe baby of the family and get alot of poop for it! :) your poem was very good tho and i enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of laughing at Sonic, I wonder if you are the girl who sang everything she was saying as she took my order. I sang my order back and surprised her. It was great.

    I love that you want to be a surgeon--wow. That's lofty and wonderful and I wish you the best as you pursue such a noble and demanding career.

    Your family dynamic sounds like lots of fun...

    ReplyDelete