Thursday, January 17, 2013

Maya Angelou

I think talking about bad dreams gives them power, if you just dont about it then you eventually forget about it and the hold it had over you disappears.  However I also think you should write it out just incase you have another dream like that one and you can have it documented.  And its forever out of your mind and just on a piece of paper instead.

I personally only remember severly bad dreams like when my older brotehr died, I remember everything about that dream, the tears and the crying and the funeral it was one of the worst dreams ive ever experienced.  I also remember when me and my brother were stuck in "The Strangers" movie and he told me to jump out the window of the sceond floor and onto the trampoline and hed follow me but when i landed on the trampoline and turned around to see him he was gone.  The complete terror of those dreams are forever etched into my mind, and the utter loneliness i felt to not have either one of them in my life was unbearable.


I have horrible memory, the important things I barely remember, but the simple things, i remember them completely like sitting at the table during dinner time and passing food around, or when my dad and my godfather helped me clean up my room, or stomping up the stairs because i was mad at my dad.  Walking home with my brother everyday from school.  I have total recall of random things, things that werent big events in my life but I hold onto them for some reason.


When im trying to occupy my small mind, listening to music would be my first choice.  Running on the treadmill would be my second.  Or taking a shower is a great distractor.


Writing is very hardwork.  I write easiest from whats coming from my mind when im thinking about something, but to write a book or an essay it takes me forever to actually come up with full blown essays.  Sometimes im never fully capable to put whats inside my head on a piece a paper.


I think as you get older you that part of your brain that was so excepting to learn stops working as hard to take in new imformation.  Kind of like a cup half empty half full.  Its not necessarily done forever, but takes more to except new information.  As you get older eventually your cup will get more full but never completely full. You experience new things everyday so your always learning something.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the references to your family. It's so cool that your brothers are such a big part of who you are

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that you're holding on to the memories of small, simple moments because in the long run they add up to something big or meaningful to you...I am the same way. And you're right--your cup is never full no matter how old you get, especially if you remain open to taking in new ideas and lessons.

    I also think The Strangers is the scariest movie I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete