Friday, January 18, 2013

Passage

I don't really have a passage out of a book that's my favorite.  But I do however have a lyric out of a song that's my absolute favorite and inspirational.  The songs called "Its Time" by Imagine Dragons. 


"Its time to begin
 Isn't it i get a little bit better
And then ill admit I'm just the same as i was
 Now don't you understand
 That I'm never changing who i am"

The reason this one stands out to me is because I always feel like in high school you feel pressured to be somebody different then who you really are.  That people feel the need to fit and and be popular.  Be around people who are mean to other people and you don't say anything or do anything and its always been a pet peeve of mine that people change who they really are just so that they have friends.  Not to mention the friends that they wanted so badly aren't their real friends at all.

I can gladly say I have true friends and if your not a true friend then I don't see the point in faking anything, its a waste of time.  Trust and Loyalty are a big thing for me and if I don't trust you then whats the point that's what relationships are based on.  Finding a friend who's loyal and trustworthy are hard to find but id rather have just one friend who is exactly that.  Than a hundred fake friends who make me miserable.

3 comments:

  1. WoW! Imagine Dragons came on Pandora (via my Mumford & Sons station) just as I was cruising your page at home tonight updating grades! Not your song, though. It's Time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the way you were very real about in this post. You're right that it is very sad when someone feels that they have to be someone different in order to just have friends.

    ReplyDelete