Monday, March 4, 2013

Window Poem

I see Kiki and Jordan
Jacee, and DJ
Grandma and Papa,
Aunt Terri and Uncle Bay.

I see friends and family
food and drinks,
dogs stealing scraps,
those little minx.

I see love and laughter,
fun and joy
So many people happy to see each other
If they only knew there was more.

Theres a camera that watches the front of the house,
So Ill have to sneak around,
Dodging from being seen,
Geez I feel like a mouse.

As I crawl threw the window,
I see a picture on the wall,
I remember taking that picture,
We were at the mall.

I hear Grandma call for dinner,
And then I hear papa began to pray,
It swells my heart to know,
They still do this every Sunday.

As I come walk into the dining room,
All of their heads are bowed,
Your never suppose to interrupt,
So I dont make a sound.

When Papas done praying,
Everyone opens there eyes,
Thats when they notice,
A well planned surprise.

I ingulfed in hugs repeatedly,
I feel so much love,
This family Ive only known for a year,
Theyve become my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment